Monday 7 November 2011

The Fox and the Leopard.

The fox and the leopard were having a beauty contest. The leopard boasted constantly about the marvellous variety of his coat. The fox replied; "How much more beautiful I am than you! For I am varied not merely in body but in my soul."


This fable shows that the ornaments of the spirit are preferable to a beautiful body.

This was my first attempt at illustrating this story, I didn't really like it much so thought I'd try again.
 So, this is my second attempt. I'm much happier with this one. I tried to bring a more relevant feel to the story and as animal hats are hugely popular at the moment (I have a leopard and a lion one myself) I thought that this would be an interesting approach.
Hope you guys all have a great week. xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I do like the revision it is less literal and gives the story more dimension.
    I find it hard to complete work that will need revising but I suppose it's a necessary stepping stone, well done.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete