Wednesday 6 March 2013

Process Post

This post shows how I work =) 

First I draw a rough sketch in my sketchbook 


 Then I use a black fine liner to work out which parts I'm going to cut out and to define the line work.


I then scan and print a copy of the image and fix it to a back piece of paper with Repositionable Spray Adhesive and cut out the smaller parts first to keep the strength of the paper in tact. 


I then cut out the bigger parts


I then remove the printed paper and photograph the black silhouette using a lightbox which ends up looking like this:


In Photoshop, I then added the black border framing the image and implemented the red lips from another photograph of red acetate previously photographed on a light box.


And that's all folks =) 
(Sorry for the poor photography) 

No comments:

Post a Comment