Wednesday 12 October 2011

FMP, an update.

Paper cut based on design from my last post. Represents Globally Endangered animals.

This is my design based on the Chinese Giant Salamander. I based the drawing around the threats facing the species; human consumption, chinese medicine, population fragmentation and habitat destruction including; dam construction, stream pollution and deforestation.

A very rough design based around the Purple Frog and aimed at raising awareness of the importance of amphibians as a species to ecology. Typography definitely needs some work.


This is my design of a visual summary of my research into EDGE, an idea put forward by my tutor.
It symbolises;
That animals are observed by scientists in their natural habitat,
That EDGE promotes and instigates conservation methods that benefit animals and the community,
The Earth represents Global Endangerment and the Tree represents Evolutionary Distinctiveness,
And the 3 symbols represent; Flagship species, keystone species and indicator species.

So that's what I've been up to over the last few weeks. Have more work to show, but haven't had the time to scan/photograph it yet but be prepared to see a Rhino piece, a paper cut of the above piece and some photography of origami that i've done for another project.

Enjoy the rest of your week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment