Friday 15 July 2011

Tiger Treetops

Haven't posted in far too long. Have been on holiday in lovely Spain and then working at Paradise Wildlife Park, near where I live. I have a brilliant job, it's boring and lonely but has the best view...
This is Rocky, one of the Tigers at the Park. I work in the lovely wooden cabin overlooking his enclosure making coffee and sandwiches. While the work can be boring and the days extremely slow, I can't really complain, as alongside the view and giving me money, it gives me time to doodle, which is something that I will hopefully doing a lot more of. So here are some sketchbook pages, poorly photographed but with an animal theme. I'm thinking about doing my Final Major Project this year on animal conservation. And by that I don't mean WWF, which mainly concentrates on the cute and cuddly animals in order to make more money, but a different organisation called EDGE who focus on the conservation of animals with evolutionarily distinction and focus more on the preservation of ecologically significant animals and systems. So anyway... here are some doodles.
Made with biro and Coffee (Which I have an abundance of at work) on a small sheet I usually write people's orders down on.


Lion Fish... Although I think it should called a Tiger Fish myself, maybe even a leopard fish with the strange spots. Done in a variety of black pens. Started out as a plan for a papercut, but then things became too complicated and I didn't work it out correctly... so might be leave it as it is, or turn it into a 3 paper papercut or something.
My personal favourite... The leafy seadragon. These are amazing and so pretty, look them up, they're incredible. I left this as an outline so that it is actually a plan for a paper cut, one that I want to try soon... when I get some paper. Apparently I left all my paper at uni... seems weird.


So that's all for now. Sorry about poor quality, just wanted to share before I go somewhere to scan them properly. Have a lovely weekend. =)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for your sweet comment. The last one looks very nice, it's interesting how you combined the skeleton with the leaves. Maybe you can draw it on wood someday? ( i'm drawing on wood right now, that's why I say it.)

    ReplyDelete